BY’s Short Profile
Bing Yang was born on 12th September 1987 in Anhui, China. He studied physics in Harbin, China, where he got his Bachelor degree in 2009. Moving to Hefei, he started his Ph.D. under the supervision of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC). In 2012, he joined the group of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan at the Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg and worked with ultracold atoms in optical lattices.
After receiving his doctorate in 2015, he continued studying the strongly-correlated quantum gases in optical lattices as a post-doctoral fellow. By engineering the Hubbard model, they observed the four-body ring exchange interaction which serves as an elementary excitation for modelling unconventional topological matter. Additional experiments were conducted about the quantum critical behavior and phase correlations of the Tomonaga-Luttinger liquid. In 2019, they achieved Mott insulator states with a record-low entropy in this system, opening a new regime for studying low-energy physics.
In January 2020 he joined the group of professor Francesca Ferlaino as a senior postdoc in the erbium experiment.
BY’s CV at Glance
|01/2020 – present||Senior postdoc in the group of Prof. Ferlaino at the Institute für Experimentalphysik of the University of Innsbruck, Austria.|
|09/2015 – 12/2019||Postdoc at the Physikalische Institute for Physics,
Ruprecht-Karls Universätit Heidelberg, Germany, in the group of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan.
|09/2012 – 09/2015||PhD Student at the Ruprecht-Karls Universätit Heidelberg. Doctoral thesis in USTC “Experimental study on spin entanglement with ultracold atoms in optical lattices”.|
|09/2009 – 07/2012||PhD Student at the University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China under the supervision of Prof. Jian-Wei Pan.|
|09/2005 – 07/2009||Study of physics at Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China.|
BY’s Erbium Publicationsno result found, sorry.
BY’s Other Publications
- B. Yang, H. Sun, C.-J. Huang, H.-Y. Wang, Y.-J. Deng, H.-N. Dai, Z.-S. Yuan, J.-W. Pan, Staggered-immersion cooling of a quantum gas in optical lattices, arXiv:1901.01146.
- B. Yang, Y.-Y. Chen, Y.-G. Zheng, H. Sun, H.-N. Dai, X.-W. Guan, Z.-S. Yuan, J.-W. Pan, Quantum criticality and the Tomonaga-Luttinger liquid in one-dimensional Bose gases, PRL 119, 165701 (2017).
- H.-N. Dai, B. Yang, A. Reingruber, H. Sun, X.-F. Xu, Y.-A. Chen, Z.-S. Yuan, J.-W. Pan, Four-body ring-exchange interactions and anyonic statistics within a minimal toric-code Hamiltonian, Nat. Phys. 13, 1195 (2017).
- B. Yang, H.-N. Dai, H. Sun, A. Reingruber, Z.-S. Yuan, J.-W. Pan, Spin-dependent optical superlattice, PRA 96, 011602 (2017).
- H.-N. Dai, B. Yang, A. Reingruber, X.-F. Xu, X. Jiang, Y.-A. Chen, Z.-S. Yuan, J.-W. Pan, Generation and detection of atomic spin entanglement in optical lattices, Nat. Phys. 12, 783 (2016).
- B. Yang, Z. Liu, B. Wang, Y. Zhang, S. Liu, Optical stream-cipher-like system for image encryption based on Michelson interferometer, Opt. Express 19, 2634 (2011).